Best Home Remedies For Hair Loss
Have you been worried about extra strands of hair on your brush or in the shower? Is your hairline receding? Well, hair is an important part of our personality. It is one of the first things people notice when they see us. Losing them may stress you out and lower your confidence. Anyhow, the fast-paced world we live in gives us numerous things to stress about and hair loss shouldn’t have to pile on to that list.
If you have been browsing the solutions for your hair loss issue, Minoxidil is a treatment option you will find everywhere. Rave reviews for Minoxidil topical application products and oral Minoxidil 5 mg tablets are promising. But it needs to be used diligently and when you discontinue it, the hair starts falling out again. So what else can you do? Change your lifestyle, eat healthy, which home remedies would work? Fuss no more. We have compiled the information you need. This article will help you manage hair loss with tried and tested home remedies. But before moving on to the alternate treatment options, we first need to understand what hair loss is, and when it should concern you.
What is Hair Loss?
Losing 50-100 hair strands every day is considered normal. People may temporarily see an increase in hair fall after a stressful event such as sudden loss of weight, 2-4 months postpartum, mental stress, recovering from a disease, after surgery, or discontinuing contraceptives. However, this loss is temporary and when the stress trigger is removed, the hair gets better on its own. But in case of hair loss or Alopecia, the hair stops growing altogether. To work towards controlling it and promoting regrowth, we first need to understand why it is happening. Hair fall may occur due to any of the following causes.
- Hereditary conditions
- A side effect of any drug treatment
- Chemically intense hair care products
- Hyperactive immune system
- Hairstyles that pull hair.
- Scalp infections.
In case of any infection, the doctor would be able to give you the correct treatment. For hair loss due to male pattern baldness, the best treatment option is Generic Propecia. It has been effective in many people and even leads to the regrowth of hair in some individuals.
Home Remedies That Work Wonders
An excellent source for sulfur, selenium, zinc, and protein, eggs make a great home remedy to control hair loss.
- To one egg white, add olive oil & honey.
- Whisk it properly to make a paste.
- Apply it from roots to tips properly.
- After 20 minutes, wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Fenugreek Seeds Water
Fenugreek seeds are packed with nutrients required for strengthening the hair roots and repairing the damaged hair.
- Soak a spoonful of fenugreek seeds overnight.
- The next day, separate the seeds and transfer the water to a spray bottle.
- You can spray fenugreek water on your scalp and hair.
- Grind the seeds into a paste and apply the mask to the scalp and hair.
- Wash it off after an hour.
- Onion juice
Onions are rich in sulfur and other nutrients that are essential for healthy hair. Grate a medium-sized onion to extract its juice. Apply it directly to your scalp, leave it for a maximum of one hour, and then shampoo normally. If you have a sensitive or dry scalp, mix the onion juice with aloe vera gel before applying. Onion juice may feel itchy to some people, the addition of aloe vera tones down the itchy effects of the onion juice.
- Coconut milk or oil
Coconut is rich in protein and essential nutrients for healthy hair. You can use coconut oil or milk to massage your scalp and then wrap a towel around your head. Leave it on for thirty minutes and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Beetroot juice
Everyone is familiar with the health benefits of beetroot, but do you know its leaves can be miraculous for hair. Full of vital vitamins and minerals, they are amazing for healthy hair.
- Wash the beetroot leaves properly and boil them using 2 cups of water.
- Cool the leaves, grind them, and mix with henna to make a paste.
- Apply it properly to your scalp.
- Wash your scalp thoroughly with water after 20 minutes.
- Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a highly moisturizing natural product that helps in relieving many skin and hair-related issues. It is an effective home remedy for dandruff and itchy scalp. Extract the pulp of aloe vera and massage your scalp with it. Leave it on for an hour and then wash it thoroughly with water.
- Proper Hair Care.
- Use mild shampoo and conditioner
- Do not comb wet hair
- Massage your hair at least once a week with coconut oil or any other essential oil that suits you the best. Geranium oil, rosemary oil, argan oil, and jojoba oil are very effective in controlling hair loss.
- Regularly trim your hair.
- Cut down on alcohol and smoking.
- Stay hydrated.
- Take care of your mental health – stress is not good for hair. Excess hair fall may increase hair loss or interfere with the hair fall treatment.
- Increase your physical activity.
- Consume a well-balanced meal that includes sources of protein, vitamin A, B1, B6, B9, C, D, E, biotin, omega fatty acids, zinc, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium. These are essential for healthy follicles, scalp, and hair.
Home remedies can work wonders, and so will the medications such as Generic Propecia and oral Minoxidil tablets. Minoxidil is also available in higher doses such as orally administrable Minoxidil 10 mg tablets. But the successful treatment regime majorly depends on the root cause of your problem.